Friday, May 6, 2016

How Do You Choose?

I went shopping yesterday. I needed to pick up a few things and remembered that I really wanted to do a mascara comparison. There's one that I see commercials for all the time (ok there's tons, but this one in particular) and it promises to do the same thing, or more, than my Younique 3D Fiber Lash+ Mascara. My mascara promises you 400% increase in volume and length as well as nourishing your own natural lashes. The competing brand (sorry I don't give out names.) promises 12x the length and volume of your lashes, too. I'm thinking it's pretty much the same promise.

So I did a comparison today. I put my Younique on my right eye (in the picture it's labelled left) and the other one on my left eye. The picture clearly shows that the Younique is much better and delivers on its' promise better than the other brand.

To avoid any confusion, I put 2 coats of the Younique on and 2 coats of the competitor. Even steven. I will say that the water resistance is comparable to the Younique's. However, I'm finding this competitor brand to be quite heavy feeling. I'm not used to feeling my mascara anymore because the Younique is pretty much weightless. This particular brand is not weightless.

Comparison:
Younique                                                                
Weightless                                                                
Water Resistant                                                          
All Natural                                                              
No Animal Testing                                                    
No Flaking                                                                
Delivers on Promise

Other Brand
Heavy
Water Resistant
Contains Chemicals
Company Tests on Animals
No Flaking
Does Not Deliver On Promise (In my opinion)
                                                 
I could go on but I think you get the idea. Overall, I think my biggest issues with the competitor are the heaviness, the chemicals, and the animal testing. If this company were a DS company, I couldn't, in good conscience, represent them.

Also to be fair, the competitor's mascara did take much less time to apply as it is only one step and for someone with tremors this is a big benefit.

What are the criteria you use to choose your cosmetics? Above you see some of mine.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment